Submitting your tax return online instead of on paper has several advantages, including:
- Your bill is calculated for you automatically
- Any refunds due can be paid to you more quickly
- You only have to see the parts of the form that are relevant to you
- You have longer to submit your return (paper forms are due 31 October, online are due 31 January)
- You can go back in and amend/update your details after submission
- You will know that HMRC has received your return straight away as you will be given a submission receipt reference number
If you want to complete your tax return online, but don't feel confident with computers, we have a free guide to help you get started and get into your online tax return form.