01308 488066

Can I give my house to my children and continue to live in it and avoid inheritance tax?

Basically, no. It is possible if you pay a full market rent for your home but then your children are taxable on the rent received. There are very complicated schemes around to avoid inheritance tax on the family home but you should consult a tax specialist and a solicitor before embarking on them.

Comments are closed.