01308 488066
We are a charity providing FREE, expert help and advice to older people with tax problems
If you are struggling to understand a letter or form from HMRC, we can help you
Are you worried about tax? Are you nervous about talking to HMRC?
Contact us for help with your tax questions or difficulties


We know you will be concerned and anxious about the Coronavirus (COVID-19) pandemic and will be getting to grips with keeping daily life on course. Tax Help for Older People is also playing our part in supporting vulnerable people by continuing to provide our services online and on the phone. We want to ensure that all our beneficiaries, volunteers and staff remain safe. We have been bowled over by the enthusiasm and support of the volunteers who continue to support us to reach as many people as possible. Our Helpline continues to receive calls. Our staff have worked tirelessly to ensure that we continue to deliver the service and ensure no vulnerable pensioner seeking our help is turned away.

We are also working on ways in which we can fundraise, as we have had to reschedule and cancel a very rich programme of fundraising events. We will share the ideas and creativity of our fundraising supporters over the coming weeks. We will keep you updated on our progress more generally and wish the very best outcomes for you, your family, friends and colleagues as we all wrestle with this unprecedented challenge.


Tax Help for Older People is a charity service providing free, independent and expert help and advice for older people on lower incomes who cannot afford to pay for professional tax advice. With over 420 volunteers and a national call centre, we can help you, wherever you are in the UK.

Simply call the Tax Help number 01308 488066, or contact us by post or email via the website enquiry form. We will help to resolve your tax problem.

Make a donation using Virgin Money Giving

Access to free tax advice for people in need